The pimp that tried to convince me that I didn’t need to go to college.

The pimp that tried to convince me that I didn’t need to go to college.

During the summer of 2000, behind a Motel 6 in Largo I had a run in with a pimp. An attempt to recruit me was made by the pimp’s down bottom bitch, who lived at the Motel 6 with like 8 of her family members.

All of this was new to me. Id never personally met a pimp. I wasn’t even aware that you could take up semi-permanent residence at a Motel 6, though I’m fairly certain that occupancy laws do not allow for you to live in one room 8 deep. Whatever. I digress.

I’d been told that the pimp was out of town handlin “business” but that he would be back and was very interested in meeting me. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I will sit and talk to just about anyone and I figured this experience would make for a good story so I acquiesced and met with the pimp.

He had all of the necessary accoutrements; a very nice car (I don’t know cars now and I definitely didn’t know cars back then but I know that shit was ballerific), excellent clothing and jewelry, and nice swagger. It was damn near like being recruited for a cult.

The pimp walked with me and we talked about business. I explained that I would not be joining his organization because I was going to college. He told me that college would just make me a broke educated negro (he had a point with that broke shit) and that it was a waste of time.

Logic told me that if Prostitution was so profitable, why was his down bottom bitch living out of the back of the fuckin Motel six.

Either
A. She was a shitty prostitute.
B. He was a shitty pimp or
C. They were both excellent at what they do; she was an excellent prostitute and he was excellent at pimping her out of her hard earned tricking money.

One way or the other, I had to pass. I am not about prostitution. I am developing an aversion to being touched and I sincerely doubt you can sell yourself without letting anyone touch you.

The pimp did confirm one thing tho- Pimpin aint easy, but apparently it is pretty fun.

Perhaps if he’d spent more of his pitch rhyming, I would have been alil more enthused with his proposition.

As Chi-town aka Pimpin said “You can hoe up or blow up; Barbeque or mildew, it’s up to you.”

You don’t choose, you get chose, so never stare at me, best to look at the ground and know your place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parisienne Mac and Cheese recipe

Shit I'm not here for (That's that shit I don't like)

Tiny Bottles of Wine are Ingenious.