Breakup letter

Breakup letter

Dear Newports,

I'm sorry. I can’t do this anymore. I loved you deeply, but I have to move on with my life. We had some great times. Riding on the Parkway in Jersey feeling young and free. That drunken night on the balcony of that hotel with Melissa looking at the ocean. Watching the sun come up with you was magical. That time in Ocean city at 2am, looking at the waves. Those quiet snowy days, just you and me alone, surrounded by blankets of snow. Sneaking to see you in the middle of the night.

Even though you were there for me, all those times I had my heart broken, you listened and you cared. Through insomnia and over caffeinated nights. God, I can’t imagine how I would have made it through freshman year without you.

Even when I cheated on you with Black & Mild’s, you took me back, lovingly.
You even got along great with my friends: Coffee and Alcohol.

You were always honest with me. Many others have lied but you, cigarettes were all about the truth. Blatantly on your packing it says that you will kill me. That was cool and we worked through that bump in the road together.

But alas, our relationship has turned abusive. You are starting to noticeably and drastically affect my health. My doctor says I must leave you. You are physically abusive and I deserve better.

Newports, I hope you find happiness out there. I wish the best for you, but I have to let you go.

Its not you. You were the best. You held me down all the times that I needed you. Let me lay my head on your shoulder and cry if need be. You never judged and I thank you for that.

Its not you, Newports..... It’s me. I just can’t do this anymore.

I’m sorry. I love you, always and I will miss you dearly. I’m not coming back this time. Its over. Please do not call, or stop by. If we bump into each other in the streets I will be cordial but I do not think that we should remain friends. It’s too hard for me. I just can’t.

I hope you understand.

Love always,
Netta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parisienne Mac and Cheese recipe

Shit I'm not here for (That's that shit I don't like)

Tiny Bottles of Wine are Ingenious.