Bout to be 25 and there is just some shit I’m too old for.

Bout to be 25 and there is just some shit I’m too old for.

25 is right around the corner and I am claiming it already. There is some shit that I am entirely too old for.

Wearing lingerie as a costume for Halloween. Just because it’s a holiday does not make it acceptable for me to walk out of my house butt naked. My mother did not raise me like that and my ancestors would roll over in their graves. Additionally I live in DC and its way too cold for that shit.

Beyond that, wearing anything that I cannot bend down in for fear of flashing someone or exposing something that only god and I should be seeing is not for me. Im pretty sure it was tacky when I was 17, 18, 19 and 20. I am just way more aware of it now.

Clubbin all night. I’m old. Grinding in a lascivious manner IN STILETTOS is fuckin ridiculous. If I was in flats perhaps but ummmm no. My calves hurt and I keep falling asleep in the club dammit.

Bars. No comment.

Wearing uncomfortable shoes. I like to have comfy ass feet and semi tall shoes and if I gotta part with my dough to have that happen, so be it.

Dating people with cornrows. No offense. Just not for me. Be on your grown and sexy with a shape up, please.

Dealing with Men who are intimidated by tall women. I am 5 ft 9 ¼ inches. I love my height. I have long legs and long limbs and I like it. If you don’t, you suck. If my being tall next to you makes you feel like less of a man, you should question whether you were ever truly a man to being with.

Dressing in a pretty dress and parading around like a pretty little doll on the arm of someone who cannot talk to me about anything beyond pop culture topics. I didn’t go to college for that and I have much more to say than “T-Pain sucks” but I can’t do that without stimulation or with company that can’t keep up. I am not just arm candy. My random list of shit I like to talk about: Micro-economics (I am not a fan of Macro at all), Common pool resources issues , Feminism, Game theory. I absolutely adore game theory, John Nashes theories, Housing Projects, Books. I am open to other topics (like how in the hell the Eagles kept up with the Patriots last night?)

Having aggravating discussions with loud people who use sound bites from pop culture and un-researched 3rd hand opinions as the basis of their arguments. I just can’t do it anymore and will walk away. Dead ass.

Along that vein, I will no longer talk to anyone who suggests, even vaguely that a woman’s role is a) in the Home, b) in the Kitchen or c) Birthing babies. That is the equivalent of Elvis Presley saying “The only thing Negroes can do for me is shine my shoes and buy my records." Does that offend you? Dumb statements about women’s roles offend me just as much, if not more so.

Talking about what I do all day. My job is amazingly interesting. I am legally bound not to talk about it in depth. I am sorry. I just can’t. Take my vague description and run with it or ask me about previous jobs that I’ve had that did not require confidentiality on my part. They are way less interesting tho.

That’s all I got right now. Trust that this list will get longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parisienne Mac and Cheese recipe

Shit I'm not here for (That's that shit I don't like)

Tiny Bottles of Wine are Ingenious.