My coworker dropped dimes. (I gotta go vote now)

I got snitched on cuz I didn’t vote this morning. Shit, I have some reasoning behind the fact that i didn't vote.

Here’s my logic.

I am gonna vote for whomever gets the democratic nomination anyway. Say the chosen candidate turns out to be evil, like Hitler evil. Like Martin Sheen in the Dead Zone evil. If this was who I backed in the primaries, I would feel way guiltier, but if I didn’t vote in the primaries, I could just blame those who did.

Also, im lazy and I didn’t get in my request for absentee ballots early enough. I have never had to vote at a poll. Shit. Whatever. It’s only like a block from my apartment.
For your amusement: The History of Suffrage.

History of suffrage in the United States

In the United States, suffrage is determined by the separate states, not federally. There is no national "right to vote". The states and the people have changed the U.S. Constitution five times to disallow states from limiting suffrage, thereby expanding it.


  • 15th Amendment (1870): no law may restrict any race from voting
    (Okay, good shit)


  • 19th Amendment (1920): no law may restrict any sex from voting
    (Hold tha fuck up, I feel like a double minority now. Shit, making me feel all divested of rights. This is why im voting for Hillary.)


  • 23rd Amendment (1961): residents of the District of Columbia can vote for the President and Vice-President.
    (OH MY GOD. THIS IS WHY MY LICENSE PLATE IS SO CRUNK! TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION BITCH!!!)


  • 24th Amendment (1964): neither Congress nor the states may condition the right to vote in federal elections on payment of a poll tax or other type of tax
    (You gonna make me leave my house to vote and CHARGE ME TOO! Have you lost your fuckin mind.)


  • 26th Amendment (1971): no law may restrict those 18 years of age or older from voting because of their age
    (Yeah, I figure if im old enough to have sex, kill myself with nicotine and die fightin a War On Terror, I should be old enough to vote, too.)

(Thanks Wikipedia for this brief history of suffrage in the US!)

So today I am doing shit I don’t want to. I am voting in an actual fuckin poll and I am gonna do my motherfucking taxes. I am right now feelin like they should pay me to vote or waive taxes or make my time for that hour deductible or something. Fuck this, *sadface*.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parisienne Mac and Cheese recipe

Shit I'm not here for (That's that shit I don't like)

Tiny Bottles of Wine are Ingenious.