Songs I can no longer listen to without blushing or getting offended.

Songs I can no longer listen to without blushing or getting offended.

I love rap but some of the songs I loved dearly make me ill to my stomach now. This has been a topic of conversation more and more lately as my friends and I grow and mature, looking at the effects of ignorant ass rap songs on our perceptions of the world, both then and now. The world that rap portrays, where women are mere sexual commodities for men’s pleasure is not a world that I want to live in and for sure not one I want to raise children in. The following is just a lil bit of what my kids will never listen to.

UGK: I am from the south so I will never stop listening but damn, that shit is offensive.

Them Underground Kingz are bananas.
See the Lyrics for Let me see it:


“Now, from the city that I live in
To the city where I'm from
For all the hoes that we done did
And the hoes that we ain't done
From the ones that fuck for shrimp
To the ones that fuck for cum”

Damn
Verdict: Offended.

Bootleg : Bitch Im fuckin yo Mama.

This song was always offensive but still funny in a Maury type of way.

“I'm givin' her all this desire and D-I-C-K
Your moma likes dick in her booty
and that's what I'm givin' her on this mothers day
My bone is breakin up homes much dick
as I can fullfillin' your life with drama
So fuck who you want like or suck
who you want cause bitch I was fuckin your moma”


Additionally, bootleg can spell.
Observe.:

“Y-O M-O M-A S-U C-K M-Y D-I C-K
Your moma be suckin' my dick every day and I love it
Inhale, Exhale blowin' my dick out in public
Your moma and me we promise to be the perfect family together in harmony
Don't take it from me just wait and you'll see
Fuckin' from the bedroom to the showers
Now we buckin on the toilet bowl for hours
Got me nuttin' she takin' doses down her throut that got her chokin'
My dick is the weapon that super soaked it”


Verdict: Very fucking offended.

Ludacris: Freaky thangs

“Tan skin so, butter soft I'm rippin the buttons off yo' - BLOUSE
Smell the aroma of a dingaling king Ludacris when I'm in yo' - HOUSE
Check the ratio of men to women and women to men when down - SOUTH
Hot fellatio, hot jalapenos holla while they in yo' - MOUTH
So we love that k-k-k-k

Cut up! Know we like that, get that cut up
Freaky thangs, we be bout 'em
Get that cut up! Oh-whooooooo, cut up
Freaky thangs, we be bout 'em”

Verdict: Ludacris makes me blush. I like his fro.

R Kelly-The entire TP2 album. All of it. Yeah. See below.


"TP-2"

Hit it hard from the back
Roll around on the front
I know you've heard a lot of tracks
But 12 Play is what you want
Just let me call the studio
Then we can go all night
Girl I hope you can hang
Cause I'm horny as hell tonight

One
Taking off your Secrets with my teeth
Two
Slightly rough to let you know it's about to get kinky
Three
Blind your eyes, then I walk you to my bedroom
Four
Now open your eyes
Surprise you've entered twelve play two

Stop
We need to catch our breath
We've been going for a while
It's been about two hours
And we're still going round for round
The water's getting cold
And the movie's going off
This is how we do in TP-2

Five
I'm about to take you for a ride
Now feel it come inside
Six
Baby it's as hard as a brick
Tell me can you feel this sh, sh, sh
Seven
That's when to slow it down
Cause I'm not ready to
Eight
We're almost at the peak
Cause I'm feeling tingly

Now flew your body like, what (what, what)
It's like diamonds with the cut (cut, cut)
The hottest out of your friends
The way you take it from me
Girl you put it on me like draws
Moaning when you talk
I'm about to tear your shit out
New millennium style

Nine
Lookin' you in your eyes
As I'm about to do that thing
Ten
Then on down to your thighs
I'm gonna make you scream
Eleven
Now put your body on top of me
I'm about to grab your waist
Twelve
Now quick before we get to thirteen
Set it on my face

Even reading this makes me feel like I should shower immediately.

Lil kim- The entire hardcore album. All of it. Especially the intro.

T.I. – His first album

“You looking good in them guess's shawty showing yo ass
Make a nigga wanna grab a hold of yo ass
Strip you out yo couchie dress and hit the flo' wit yo ass
When I leave the club I wanna see some more of yo ass
I ain't tricking shit but I might spend some dough on yo ass
The way you bouncin on my dick and grindin' slow wit yo ass”

Verdict: Slight blush, mostly offended.

Juvenile: Back that ass up
I will not back my ass up. I sure as hell wont call you big daddy when I back that ass up. I will not drop it like its hot. You fuckin drop it like its hot, asshole.

Truth is, these songs were always offensive. Tupac offends me quite a bit. Its funny how what I bobbed my head to at 19 and 20 makes me shake my head now. There is a whole lotta fucking, sucking and shit in rap and not alotta talk of condom use or consequences, damn near no discussion about love. Except perhaps this next example:

Angie Martinez:

Mi Amor"
(feat. Jay-Z)

[Chorus: Jay-Z (Angie Martinez)]

How you say my love in spanish? (Mi amor)
(How you say my love in thug) Can I hit it raw?
In the backseat of my jeep, or maybe on the floor
(Easy papi) Nah mami, teach me more
(Tr'teme especial means treat me special)
I ain't got no time for that now, dame un beso
(Wanna keep a good girl like I told you before)
(Easy papi) Yeah, teach me more


Is that how you say love? Raw sex? Is that whats hot in the streets?
USE CONDOMS DAMMIT!
MY KIDS ARE ONLY GONNA LISTEN TO GOSPEL, THE COMMODORES AND THE TEMPTATIONS.
And we wonder why 3rd graders are sexually assaulting and sodomizing each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parisienne Mac and Cheese recipe

Shit I'm not here for (That's that shit I don't like)

Tiny Bottles of Wine are Ingenious.