Recap w/ Shrink, Future X-Boyfriend & Old booty calls (Randoms)

Preface: I often recap shit I talk about with my shrink. He is a wise man and sometimes I recap what we talk about because it echoes of the shit that I been goin through... but mostly I recap because it took me soooo long to be ok with going to the shrink, and even longer to be OK with getting on Medication. I cannot count how many people told me not to go and how many people told me that "Black people don't go to shrinks, you better call a friend or your mama or your pastor." I spent a really long time not gettin the help that I needed due to other peoples ignorance and bullshit stigmatizations. So I feel semi-obligated to speak on and recount the visits that I have with my very awesome shrink and to let people know how much it helped me (and encourage all those who are thinking about it to know that it's cool and it saved my life). Just sayin.... :P

Recap with my Shrink:
Apparently I am doin AOK except for the fact that I had a couple of anxiety attacks. Lemme say this: the use of the term "anxious" in the song "So Anxious" is a total fuckin misnomer. That song shoulda been titled "So Horny" cuz aint nothin sexy bout anxiety.



Essentially, I sometimes get a knot in the pit of my stomach and I get this feeling of impending doom, like something bad is about to happen to me or someone I love (car accident, freak maiming, or cancer diagnosis). If you ever received a text from me that read "Are you OK?", trust that it was probably anxiety.

Anyways, I told him all of this and he prescribed Klonopin (Generic: Clonazepam). I am to take one when I feel anxious which is cool cuz I dont want to worry about another daily pill.

So I go home to research drug interactions as I normally do and for some reason I forgot the name and thought he prescribed me Clozapine. That would be bad... Cuz that shit is an anti-psychotic for schizophrenics and shit. Hmm plus it causes weight gain. Boo.

Friday I'll test run a Klonopin to see how I react to it. Can't afford to have a freak out reaction to my anti-anxiety pills at work. That would be (accordin to both Roomie & Robot Chicken) "anti-bueno".

Onward wit tha randoms.


Love ya. Kisses. Have a Happy Turkey Day and shit.

Comments

Unknown said…
rofl@jim jones looking like he got the chlam. hahahahaaaa..why is it true though. ahahahaa

Old booty is fired. He needs to clean out his desk RIGHT NOW. He doesn't eat the takeout?? Aw hell naw!
Unknown said…
Im so glad your not ashamed to admit your a black person that goes to a shrink! Lately Ive been thinking about visiting one through an EAP program we have @ my job. After reading this post I now know that I too have anxiety attacts, they are so scary. It always happens to me when im sleeping tho... any ol who. Just wanted to let u know I appreciate that =)

Popular posts from this blog

Parisienne Mac and Cheese recipe

Shit I'm not here for (That's that shit I don't like)

Tiny Bottles of Wine are Ingenious.