Me thinks I just might be ready

Sometime close to September, I realized that I wasn't ready for a relationship. It struck me in the way that most things due. Out of the blue, middle of the day, clear as anything I'd ever known before. I had some growing to do.

I needed to learn me some patience. And so it began, like many things do. Decidely, definitively, and suddenly. I decided to grow something. Because you can't force a plant. You can't manipulate it. It grows at its own pace. So I planted. I planted with the knowledge that when these plants bloomed, I'd be ready. I'd bide my time and nurture these plants and when they are done, it will be time.

This is the product of my work. This is what I grewd.





They are Morning Glories. They bloom in the die and then die. 1 day with them and it's over. All that work for a burst of color and then it's gone. Kinda like love. Kinda like life. Poetic I guess. Fucks it. I'm Ready.

Comments

simone_dior said…
awww, congrats!

you all soft and pink t'day, go head girl!
Unknown said…
ok... so you figured that relationships weren't for you and one of the contributing factors to that revelation being that you lack/lacked patience... So, to help you gain patience, you planted a Morning Glory, a flower that dies within a day, according to your blog... Then, you vowed that when the plant blossomed, you would then be ready for a relationship???

Please, correct me if I missed something here. lol
~J-Skittle~ said…
Who vows shit in this day in age?

I just bought the seeds cuz i thought they were pretty. I wasnt aware until the first one bloomed that each flower only lasted a day... But they are pretty and they make me smile... so two tears in a bucket, fuck it.
Kookie said…
Bring on the deepness, you might have couched this blog in a blase way but I'm taking the metaphor for relationships from this. We get into or buy into relationships because he/she is attractive/pretty not knowing specific shit that it might not last long but we all have stayed with people mainly on the basis that the other person is attractive and they make you smile. Or it could just be me reading into shit! lol
that's a good idea to put your energy into something like growing plants &having a goal in mind, and i think it does teach patience (if you're willing to learn it).


unfortunately, right now i'm too irresponsible to try it again. all my plants died (including cactuses. aren't they really hard to kill, lol). i gots some growing to do

Popular posts from this blog

Parisienne Mac and Cheese recipe

Shit I'm not here for (That's that shit I don't like)

Tiny Bottles of Wine are Ingenious.