All these Motherf*ckin Rooftops

The level of crazy in NY has actually managed to up the ante on crazy. I has seen 2 people "walking" birds on leashes. I have seen 2 people in Grossly inappropriate attire. I have seen so many people who count as "crazy" it defies my counting capabilities.
I am ok with all of this as I am alil crazy too. I like to wave at my Train conductor when get off the train. Eh. Just cuz its New york, don't mean you should refrain from politities....

Mostly what I have seen is rooftop bars. They apparently ran out of "land" room so they started using up all the "air" space.

The views are fantastic and I have settled into a pattern: New York on Fridays and New Jersey on Saturdays. I go "bar" in NY, and make it onto my last train (cruelly scheduled at 1am). I make my way back to Jersey and spend time laughing with my dad in this serene ass town on the water. Its a nice pattern and I enjoy it.

The dating aspect has been interesting.

I have noticed, what I like to call "Bitter @ 30" syndrome. I used to think that older men were more mature, worldly and settled. I know realize that was incorrect. They are just as pouty and bitter. Bitter like angry women who alienate men in bad movies. And trust me.... Its alienating as shit.

I'd started talking to one guy and he said "I no longer cater to women"..... This is not the way to vagina. This is not the correct path to get you where you would like to be.

The phenomenon of being "Geographically Undesirable". My brother and father had mentioned this before, but I had brushed it off as being crazy talk. Its not. By the time I get home, it is late. So weeknights are out. And if you live an hour away from me, I need to block off a half a weekend day for you, just so I don't feel guilty for having you travel so far.

I'm tired of arguing. This is gonna sound bad, but whatever: every time I date someone who didn't finish school, they pick arguments. Maybe that's an unfair generalization but :fuck it. Its my blog. They pick arguments and insist on winning. I don't care if I lose an argument because I'm wrong, but when you attempt to win an argument using fallacious logic (when you don't even technically know what fallacious logic is) it is annoying. I feel like Oprah in "The Color Purple".... " I had to fight my whole life"...

I'm done. Ill get a cat and become one of those people. I swear I will.

I have boundaries: I need my motherfucking space. That meet each other, head over heels volatile shit is for the birds. I just wanna hang out. Enjoy life. Have a drink on a rooftop. Take a nap. Beach.

Meeting each other and being bunned up all the time leads to unplanned pregnancy with assholes. That way lies despair.

I'm into asking for what I want and demanding what I need and the emotional blah blah is killing me. I'm tired. If you start one more sentence with "I feel" I'm leavin.

The food here is crazy good and every time I turn around, I see another celebrity. This week : Kelly Cutrone. Last week Marlan Wayans. Definitely enjoying it. I like this city. The fashion, the food. Good friends, great cocktails. And all these motherfucking rooftops.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parisienne Mac and Cheese recipe

Shit I'm not here for (That's that shit I don't like)

Tiny Bottles of Wine are Ingenious.