Portland Pt. 2 - Breakfast plus wine plus Jetlag = Pain

Sorry. I've been addicted to "Saved by the Bell". I don't want to leave my house or anything. Why leave my house ever when I can spend my free time with the gang from Bayside.... Especially that A.C....


With a mullet like that and those dimples, I just can't pry myself away...

So,Oh So Sexy gets off from work and we drink alil wine and wander around Portland alittle. We start looking for a place to grab dinner and we end up wandering over to this random part of town. We see a strip club called "Mary's" and I drag him inside. First thing I see is a mass of untoned pale flessh gyrating on the stage and I turn right back the fuck around and walk the fuck out, shaking my head vigorously to try and rid myself of the ghastly image that had seared itself into my brain. I don't eve think Oh So Sexy got a glance. I saved him from a lifetime of flashbacks. Wandered some more and end up at this Dinerant spot. Food was straight and then we head back to the hotel.

Wake up the next morning and realize how fucking early it is. Oh So Sexy has an earlier flight but my flight left out at 10:30 pm so I had hours to kill and didn't need to dip out of the hotel until noon. I head over to get breakfast. I love the time difference. 9 am there is like noon here. I made it to breakfast every day.

I hit up my friend Phil and let him know that I'm on foot in downtown Portland and I'm willing to walk to wherever he is and I have a bottle of riesling left over from the night before. Phil comes to get me and we head out.



Phil explains to me how Portland LOOOVVVEEESSS breakfast and how it is a happy biking city. I officially fall in love with Portland and fall back in love with Phil.

Phil shows me the garden, which is bountiful and full of goodness. Biodynamic agricultural goodness.

Next thing you know, Phil has convinced me to climb to the top of a mount. Mount Tabor to be exact. I forgot to bring my camera but below is a shot of the view.



It was amazing

Then Phil's old roomie showed up and we went to dinner at Pok Pok. The food was awesome and spicy and filling. Just the way I like it.

Back at the house, more wine and convo and before I know it, we have to head to the airport. Phil drives me to the airport and I hug him goodbye and promise to visit him.

I get on my plane and lo and behold, I am seated right in front of a baby. A loud crying baby. A "let me cry and scream because my parents let me do whatever I want so long as I'm 5 decibel levels too loud" type of baby. I change time zones again and get off in NC.

Get to my next plane and guess who is there... That same fuckin baby. But this time the baby was quiet enough.

I touch down in DC and head straight to the office. No rest for the weary. Had to do laundry and get my life in order. By the time I was through, I hit the bed so hard it was ridiculous.

Portland.... was amazing. I could live there and be happy forever.

Comments

Tay MF Dee said…
checkk outt my blogg

authenticfabrication.blogspot.com

its worthh readdingg i promiseee;;)

Popular posts from this blog

Parisienne Mac and Cheese recipe

Shit I'm not here for (That's that shit I don't like)

Tiny Bottles of Wine are Ingenious.