Bitch, I want cranberry juice!

I feel like my attitude was hand crafted for this city. I always did like cities. That's why I got an urban studies degree. There's this collective swarming energy in cities that is damn near palpable.

I've been wandering Tribeca, the Village and Chelsea on my way home and I just dig the vibe. If silent (or drunken, boisterous) observation is the name of the game then I had excellent training. Atlanta taught me how to wander and observe at all hours of day or night, head phones on, head up and eyes forward. Like Dc with training wheels. A friendly host of homelessness, poverty and piss smell.

Dc was more ramped up. Alil faster but definitely less frenetic than NY. This shit is crazy. So I work in the same building as ClearChannel Radio. My first day I am headed in and I see Tiny exiting the building.



That shoulda told me everything right there...

NY has taught me that God's greatest gift to man is that of observation. The shit that you will see if you just pay attention.

The other day I saw a dude with a cockatoo on a leash standin next to me on 8th. People kept walking past and startling the bird. It kept trying to fly away but couldn't go anywhere cuz its ankle was leashed. Smh. Silly bird.

One of the things that strikes me as odd is people stopping in Penn Station. Like imagine hundreds of people walking around and one person just stops. Then they get upset when they get clipped. Would you just stop your car in the middle of the highway? No. You'd pull over. Same thing with Penn Station. Pull yo confused ass over.

I love how there are whole blocks that will sell you anything you want. You want fake Ed Hardy? Got you, son! You want shitty jewelry and a banging Vietnamese sammich from the same establishment? Got it! Want gay sex toys? Blocks and blocks of stores tryin to bring you giant dildos and fists 24 hrs a day. The land o plenty it is. O plenty.

I don't even remember half of last friday.

I know the following:
  • I double fisted some cocktails.
  • I ran my hands thru some guys hands while on line for the bathroom.
  • I didn't eat food but I did buy a stromboli.
  • I berated someone at a Starbucks.
  • I lost my MTA card.
  • I passed out on the train.
  • I gave up on Black Love. (I'll give details but only upon request)
  • I got sick.
  • Think I blacked out.
  • I tried to go to the damn bodega again to get juice and all they had was fucking Tamarind and Mango! Again.... Bitch, I want cranberry juice!(God damn Bodegas!)




Learned a valuable lesson: Being Drunk in NY is fun. Being Piss drunk in NY is not....



I'm headed back to DC and I am apprehensive. I used to dread goin back before I lived here and though I miss my cousin and my bestest Eve.... I still hate the glum lull that I feel heading back there. I'm happy with the move. I love being by my dad. He's super funny and we chill and watch movies and eat sushis.

I'm glad I've moved. I'm very happy with my decision.

Comments

iamjustjules said…
By Black Love, do you mean those velvet posters from the 60s/70s with naked black women on panthers at night? Because that's my favorite thing in the world and I'll be disappointed if you quit
B Harg. said…
whatever you mean, consider this a formal "why'd you give up on Black Love" request?

Popular posts from this blog

Parisienne Mac and Cheese recipe

Shit I'm not here for (That's that shit I don't like)

Tiny Bottles of Wine are Ingenious.